Sewer Snake - Drill (5/16" x 25')
Product | Specs | Operating | Safety
General Pipe Cleaners Super Vee
Read and understand all instructions.
Failure to follow all instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire, and/or serious personal injury.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
- Slide the grip shield forward to release cable. Place the cable in the drain by hand as far as it will go. Leave six inches of cable between the machine and drain.
- Slide the grip shield back to grip cable. Then gently squeeze the trigger and move the machine toward the drain opening. DO NOT FORCE THE CABLE. The job won't go any faster and you could kink the cable.
- After the cable has fed into the drain, release the trigger.
- Slide the grip shield forward to release the cable. Pull the Super-Vee back while holding the cable in place. After you are past the first bend, you probably will not have to hold the cable as you pull the machine back.
- Slide the grip shield back, squeeze the trigger and move the machine toward the drain again. Then slide the grip shield forward and pull the machine back. Be sure to allow no more than six inches of cable between the machine and drain opening. Too much slack in the cable can cause it to tangle and kink.
- Repeat procedure until you have worked through the stoppage.
- Reverse the procedure to pull the cable out of the line.
Do not use reverse to pull cable out of the drain. Always run your machine in forward, whether you are feeding the cable into the line or pulling it out. Use reverse only to release cable if it should become caught in the line.
To Change Cable Cartridges
- Remove the cutter and screw from the cable, if one is attached.
- Loosen the three screws that hold the front and back of container together.
- Pull the container off the front of machine.
- Remove the cartridge. Press replacement cartridge firmly into back of container. Make sure to line up grooves in the cartridge with slots in the container back.
- Slide cable through the front of the container. Be sure the grip shield is in the forward position. Position container front so that the screws and slots in the container back are aligned.
- Tighten screws firmly, making sure they are centered in the slots, and tightened so that the heads of the screws are flush with the container.